If 2020 has taught us anything, it is that life can be unpredictable and none of us know what's around the corner. This is true in more ways than one when it comes to van ownership.
Like with any vehicle, what could seem like a minor fault could end up costing hundreds or thousands to repair, so it's important to have the right protection in place. This is where van warranty comes into play.
If you are considering investing in a van and unsure whether or not to take out a van warranty, we've compiled all you need to know to help.
What is a van warranty?
A van warranty covers the cost of labour and parts if your van needs repairing due to an electrical or mechanical failure. Van warranty is set over an agreed timeframe and each policy has different terms and conditions.
The cost of a van warranty also varies depending on the type of cover provided.
Do I need a warranty for a new van?
While van warranties aren't a legal requirement, it is advisable as a precaution in case your van breaks down due to an unexpected fault. If you don't have a van warranty in place, you'll be forced to pay for any unexpected repair bills yourself.
What's usually covered by van warranty?
A van warranty covers the cost of parts and labour if your vehicle needs repairing due to a mechanical or electrical failure. Costs vary depending on the type of cover you take out, and may include:
- Manufacturer's warranty - This type of warranty comes with a new van and usually lasts for two to seven years. If you purchase a used van from a manufacturer it may also come with a manufacturer's warranty.
- Independent dealer warranty - This type of van warranty is normally provided if you buy your van from a dealer or garage. This may only run for several months.
- Extended warranty - An extended van warranty is cover you take out yourself.
However, at Vanbase, we do things slightly differently. We boast three product levels under our RAC extended warranty, so you can choose the level of cover most suited to your vehicle and your needs:
- Platinum - Covers all mechanical and electrical parts, including catalytic converter
- Gold - Covers a comprehensive list of components, including clutch and fuel system
- Silver - Covers components that commonly fail, including brakes and engine
Vanbase RAC Warranty
At Vanbase, we boast RAC Approved Dealer status, and share the RAC's ethos of superior quality and unrivalled customer service.
All of our used vans come with three months' RAC Warranty as standard, so you can drive away in your new used van with the added peace of mind that you and your vehicle are protected. Our RAC Warranty is part of our RAC BuySure programme, which includes a host of other benefits including RAC Approved vehicle inspection. Find out more about our RAC BuySure programme here.
What are the benefits of van warranty?
There are several advantages to taking out van warranty with Vanbase, including:
- Shared values - Vanbase is an approved RAC Dealer sharing values of dependability and transparency
- Clarity - From the outset you will have a clear understanding of what is and isn't covered
- Peace of mind - the Vanbase RAC Extended Warranty covers the costs of parts and labour that your van may need for up to 48 months
- Excellent value for money - More affordable than franchised dealer warranties
- Flexibility - Three cover levels of RAC extended van warranty unlocks the flexibility to adapt your van warranty to your vehicle's key features, such as age and mileage
Click here to find out more about RAC Extended Warranty with Vanbase.
Stay cool, calm and be well protected in the event of any unexpected vehicle problems with an RAC extended van warranty.
Find out more
Let the Vanbase experts remove the stress and hassle from unexpected van problems today. We will provide you with a free, no-obligation quote for a Vanbase RAC Extended Warranty for any van, simply get in touch to find out more.