Carbase Motoring Photographer of the Year 2016:
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to Carbase - Motoring Photographer of the Year ? Competition 2016 promoted by Brent Cars t/a Carbase. By entering into 'The Promotion', you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions; and have agreed to be bound by them. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions
Who can enter
- The Promotion is open to residents of mainland UK
- Proof of age may be required
- You must be at least 18 years old (on or before 31 August 2016)
- Employees (or family members of employees) of Carbase, other companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies and bodies may not enter the Promotion.
- The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or in association with Facebook or Twitter and they are not responsible for any aspect of the Promotion.
How to enter and Closing Date
- The competition is free to enter
- The competition can be entered by completing the entry form and submitting an entry photograph on the Carbase website.
- The competition will be accessible directly on www.carbase.co.uk or redirected to www.carbase.co.uk via the CarbaseUK social media pages.
- You may only enter one image and one category. Any multiple or duplicate entries will not be accepted.
- Entries sent in through agents or third parties or by automated means will be disqualified.
- 'Final Closing Date'. The Promotion will end on 'Wednesday 31/08/2016' at 24:00 (GMT). Late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will not be considered or accepted.
- The Promotion requires or invites each entrant to submit a photograph, by submitting a photograph they confirm:
- That the photograph was taken by the entrant and that they own the copyright for it
- That the photograph has not been published elsewhere or won a prize in any other photographic competition
- b. Limited Free Usage:
- Carbase will only acquire limited usage rights for works submitted to the competition. Limited usage rights means they are non-exclusive, and usage is restricted solely to promoting the Carbase Motoring Photographer of the Year, Carbase therefore have 'limited free usage' solely for this purpose.
- Non-winning and non-shortlisted images can be used to promote the competition, and no other purpose, subject to a time limit not exceeding three years following the announcement of the winning entries for the competition the non-winning and non-shortlisted entries were submitted to.
- c. Copyright of all photographs submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrant
- The winner will be judged by a panel of judges approved by Carbase once the competition closing date has passed.
- Judging Criteria: The Judges decisions are final and binding in all respects on all entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
How the winning entries are chosen
- The winners will be judged on the criteria stated in The Promotion
- The winners will be announced on the Carbase website and related media channels
- The Prize: will be awarded as stipulated in the official promotion pages of the competition.
- Winners will be provided with additional details of their prize and how they will receive it
- There is no alternative to the prize and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternate prize of equivalent monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control
- The terms and conditions of any other third party supplier will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence
- The Promoter will not be liable for any prize(s) that do not reach the winners for reasons beyond the Promoter's reasonable control
- If the winners cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period or are unable or unavailable to accept their prize for any reason beyond the Promoter's reasonable control, then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt
- The Promoter's decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with either the details or these entry terms and conditions will be disqualified
- The prize winners' names will be revealed and used for publicity/ promotional purposes after the close of this Promotion
- In addition to the use specified above, the Promoter will use each winner's, and each entrant's, personal details for the purpose of administering this Promotion
- The Promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry if the entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the entrant to deal with their entry acts in any way, towards the Promoter, other entrants or the affiliate staff, which the Promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive
- If the winning entry is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant